Volunteer opportunities: Help with propagandize supply drive
June 19, 2017 - School Supplies
Agency: United Way of Douglas County
Contact: Sarah Pierrelee during Vista@unitedwaydgco.org or during (785) 843-6626, ext. 375
The document has moved here.
The United Way of Douglas County brings village resources together to support a improved life for residents by focusing on improvements in health, education, and financial stability. It is time to rigging adult for a village far-reaching propagandize reserve collection expostulate and distribution, starting Jul 22 and using by Aug 11.
This plan is one of a largest community-wide collaborative efforts. Did we know…
• More than 1,200 children staying in Douglas County accept propagandize reserve from this project?
• Five amicable use agencies coordinate services for this project?
• Three munificent organizations combine with donations and volunteers?
• Fourteen internal businesses yield donations, manpower, and/or sell space for a project?
• A faith classification supports a plan with donations and placement services?
• The Lawrence Public School District provides a trickery for reserve collection and distribution?
• More than 100 volunteers meddlesome in creation an impact on educational needs of internal propagandize children are indispensable to make a plan successful?
Plan now to assistance during one of a 10 collection sites for a annual propagandize reserve collection expostulate designed for Jul 22-23 and 29-30. Collected reserve will advantage The Ballard Community Center, ECKAN, The Salvation Army, and Penn House, who yield giveaway propagandize reserve to subordinate families in Douglas County.
This is a good event for business groups, county groups, book clubs, groups of friends, families, director troops, sports teams, 4-H clubs, and individuals.
Volunteers will also be indispensable to arrange collected reserve and container a reserve into backpacks Jul 24, 31, Aug 4, and 7; and to assistance with placement of a reserve on Aug 9, 10, and 11. Schedule now before summer calendars get busy.
To pointer adult to volunteer, greatfully go to www.volunteerdouglascounty.org or hit Sarah Pierrelee during Vista@unitedwaydgco.org or during (785) 843-6626, ext. 375.
— For some-more proffer opportunities, greatfully hit Shelly Hornbaker during a United Way Roger Hill Volunteer Center during 785-865-5030, ext. 301 or during firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.volunteerdouglascounty.org.
All rights reserved. This element might not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
We essay to defend the values for each story published.