Volunteer opportunities: Help collect propagandize supplies
July 8, 2017 - School Supplies
Agency: United Way of Douglas County
Contact: Sarah Pierrelee during Vista@unitedwaydgco.org or during 785-843-6626, ext. 375
The United Way of Douglas County brings village resources together to support a improved life for residents by focusing on improvements in health, education, and financial stability. It is time to rigging adult for a village propagandize reserve collection expostulate and distribution, starting Jul 22 and using by Aug 11. This plan is one of a largest communitywide collaborative efforts. Did we know?
• More than 1,200 children staying in Douglas County accept propagandize reserve from this project.
• Five amicable use agencies coordinate services for this project.
• Three munificent organizations combine with donations and volunteers.
• Fourteen internal businesses yield donations, manpower, and/or sell space for a project.
• A faith classification supports a plan with donations and placement services.
• The Lawrence propagandize district provides a trickery for reserve collection and distribution.
• More than 100 volunteers meddlesome in creation an impact on educational needs of internal propagandize children are indispensable to make a plan successful.
Seventy village volunteers helped with sorting, make-up and distributing propagandize supplies. Now, assistance is indispensable collecting donations. Plan now to assistance during one of a 10 collection sites — Checkers, all 4 Dillons stores, both Hy-Vee stores, Office Depot, and both Walmart stores. Collection dates are Jul 22, 23, 29 and 30. Collected reserve will advantage The Ballard Community Center, ECKAN, The Salvation Army and Penn House, all of whom yield giveaway propagandize reserve to subordinate families in Douglas County. To pointer adult to volunteer, go to volunteerdouglascounty.org or hit Sarah Pierrelee during Vista@unitedwaydgco.org or during 785-843-6626, ext. 375.
— For some-more proffer opportunities, greatfully hit Shelly Hornbaker during a United Way Roger Hill Volunteer Center during 785-865-5030, ext. 301 or during firstname.lastname@example.org or go to volunteerdouglascounty.org.
All rights reserved. This element might not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
We essay to defend the values for each story published.