Help Project Backpack with propagandize reserve donation
July 3, 2015 - School Supplies
Elgin Community College and a partners are scheming for Project Backpack, a community-based beginning to advantage students in need. Donations of propagandize reserve will be supposed by Friday, Jul 31 during several locations.
The eventuality will take place Saturday, Aug. 8 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in a Building J Spartan Events Center, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin.
Supplies are perceived by individual, retailer, church, and village classification donations. Students who yield explanation of residency or enrollment in Community Unit Districts 300, Elgin Area School District U-46, or during ECC for tumble 2015 are authorised to accept supplies.
Backpacks are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis; extent one trek per student. A operation of village agencies and services also will be accessible during a eventuality to assistance people in need.
Since 2010, some-more than 10,000 backpacks have been distributed. Last year’s eventuality saw tighten to 2,000 backpacks handed out, and 4,500 people in attendance. The college also partnered with Northern Illinois Food Bank, provision families with 3,000 bags of nonperishable food items. The partnership will continue again this year.
Donations of a following reserve are needed:
• Two slot folders, plain tone only
• One theme notebooks, far-reaching rule, plain tone only
• Packs of lax leaf/filler paper, 150/200 count, far-reaching rule
• Packages of yellow wood, customary No. 2 pencils, 10 count
• Black pens
• Scissors, gender-neutral color
• Glue sticks, 0.21 oz.
• Rulers, timber or gender-neutral color
• Pack of 24 count crayons, Crayola preferred
• Gender-neutral backpacks
Donations will be collected during a following locations:
• Anderson Animal Shelter, 1000 S. LaFox St. (Route 31), South Elgin
• Community Crisis Center, call (847) 697-2380 for information.
• U-46 Educational Services Center, 2nd building accepting area, 355 E. Chicago St., Elgin
• Elgin Chamber of Commerce, 31 S. Grove Ave., Elgin
• Elgin Community College Student Life Office, Building B, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin
• Elgin Township Supervisor Office, 729 S. McLean Blvd., Elgin
• Family Service Association of Greater Elgin, 1140 N. McLean Blvd., Suite 1, Elgin
• United Way of Elgin, 1797 N. LaFox St., South Elgin
• YWCA Elgin, 220 E. Chicago St., Elgin.
Project Backpack is sponsored by Elgin Community College Office of Student Life, Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, Student Government, Faculty Association, and ECCP3, a Community Crisis Center, Kane County Regional Office of Education, Kane County Teachers Credit Union, propagandize districts U-46 and 300, and United Way of Elgin.
For some-more information, hit a ECC Student Life Office during (847) 214-7370 or revisit project-backpack.org. For information in Spanish, call (847) 695-8686.